Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hard, Hard Drive

So my computer has been whining lately.

It started quietly enough. Quietly enough that I guess I didn't notice it right away. But for a few weeks, I've definitely noticed.

If you walked anywhere NEAR my office, you'd have noticed, too.

In my absolute technical wisdom (read that..."knowing basically nothing about the inside of a computer..") I took off the side cover and discovered that it was my hard drive.

Being frightened of losing absolutely everything I have on my computer that I have nowhere else, I took that sucker in to have it fixed.

That turned out to suck.

Not having it fixed, that turned out to rule. No, it sucked because I've been without a working computer for a WEEK! That's like having both of my hands stuck in epoxy, my pants down around my ankles, and a blindfold wrapped so tight around my eyes that they start screaming. It was miserable.

But, only a few hundred dollars (which we really don't have) later, and I've got a brand new hard drive (3x as "big" as my old one) that is SILENT, and 5x as much RAM as I had.

I'm in Heaven.

Blog Heaven.

So watch out, because I can't play harp.

But I'm back! Woo to the Hoo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

WB!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

I never left YOU...

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever though of spirtual healing of your 'puter? Put some of those rocks on it and see what happens.... You never know unless you try. I think Yoda said something like that.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Healing the damn thing was the only way I kept it alive for as long as I did!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home