Friday, December 08, 2006

Love, Robots, and Birthday Wishes...

I'm putting together a sort of short film, and haven't seemed to have time to do much else. Well, I did read my wife's blogs. She gave me lotsa love. She's good that way. She's always sending some love to someone. I like it a lot.

It's one of the great things about Terri that made me want to marry her. There are many other great things. I cannot list them all, my fingers would swell after so much typing and I would begin mashing a bunch of keys at once, and nothing would make sense.
But to say something that becomes obvious the moment you meet her, beyond her great looks, sexiness, awesome motherhoodness, wit, charm, and intelligence, I'd have to just say, she's cool. Real cool.

True cool. Like James Dean cool.


This is the day before my birthday, and I know the things Terri's doing for me tomorrow (because she gave me a 'before my birthday' card). I get a massage (from an actual massage therapist!) She's letting me sleep in. She's making me peanut butter-chocolate brownies. She's renting a movie for JUST ME AND HER to watch together. She's ordering, and picking up our favorite Mexican food... I think that's about it for the grand-awesome-superest-rad-gob-of-birthday-gifts my lovely wife is gifting to me. (I told you she was cool.)

So for her, because she's striking like the morning sun, I'm posting a photo I took this morning, with a poem I wrote a long time ago about the morning. A morning with a sky like this morning's sky above our home:



I took the photo through the screen so as not to disturb my dear sleeping wife and lil' ZV.
Here's the sappy ol' poem about dawn:


~Wish~
Came the dawn,
brushed across the sky
and hotter with each death of a cloud.
If I could hold its heat,
possess its awakening beauty,
be the power that it is.
If I could taste the earth
with the tongue the sunrise wields,
turn ice to water,
wake lives to the morning,
I would live the edge of night for eternity.
If it were my unfolding arms
that brought petals open,
if my crisp light shone
upon your face and caused your smile,
I would trap myself as
a nameless wave.
I’d give up speech, and even thought,
and the chance to be recognized by you.
I’d give my body,
all that I presently mean,
to lift the cold dark curtain of night
so that I might be the first light of day.

It's sappy. But it's also elemental. The dawn was striking enough this morning to prompt me to hunt for the camera. It's called "Wish" (for my birthday). It's my solar return. I guess, though a little sappy, it's fitting.
With a greeting from the sun like I had today, and with all the love Terri gave me in her blogs, it's going to be a good new year for me, starting as it is.

Even robots think so.

(the above photo is a preview for the movie project I'm working on. the above robot is not really endorsing the future happy goodness for my upcoming year that I may be leading you to think he is. robots are sometimes jerks.)


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a sweet husband :) Terri is a lucky lucky girl! I like your poem also!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww :-)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Awww... right back at both of ya!

And thank you.

I'm lucky to have HER. I just have to let her know that I know that now and then.

Thanks for reading!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

heh heh. V. nice. It looks kinda bad that all the other womens are showing up and commenting before me, huh? Well, I commented in person. :) Thanks sweet Kevin, for the present on YOUR birthday eve day. lol.

love,
wifey

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

No penis on me! Oh Colleen...Right to the gutter. lol.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Marisa said...

Happy Birthday!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Kevin!!! I love Terri too, but in a friend kind of way. Sounds like she gave you a special day!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thanks, EVERYONE!

How nice of you all to wish me a happy day. It totally was.

Terri is sans penis. I know this might sound shallow, and kinda lame, but if she DID have a penis, I wouldn't have married her.

I know.
It's true.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home