Tuesday, December 12, 2006

There Really is Water on Mars...



I was a believer in the face on Mars. After the high-res images came back, I stopped believing in that. It looks like it's probably not a face. (Unless of course, the government is hiding the truth...) Okay, I still hold out hope. And those other "hills" look a lot like pyramids, still.

I am a believer in the fossilized microbial life found in the Martian rock chunk found on Earth. It's obviously real.

I believe there was (and perhaps still is) life on Mars. To what extent, I'm not sure. It's funny, actually, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal now, believing that. I remember when it was... People used to think it was ridiculous. Maybe I'm just out of touch and a debate is still raging. But here's my point:

Chalk one up for the believers. This is the Astronomy Picture of the Day:




It shows where water has flowed out of a crater wall within a space of five years. The photo showing the gully created by, "...a fluid that behaved like liquid water and likely transported some fine-grained sediment along with it..." was taken last year.


Check it out. There is water on Mars. And it's flowing.



Water, as we know, is a great place to find life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home