Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Bedtime Story for Breezy

My flash piece that I wrote so my friend Breezy could get some sleep is up at Every Day Fiction today.

So far a few people understand it.

I LOVE all the "readers" who don't get it and have to write in and comment that it's NOT a story. Because they can't understand the story, there IS no story. Ha ha! Maybe they should stick with cartoons in the morning and leave the literature alone.

If you'd like to read a story about something pretty, then stop on by and have a read of A Bedtime Story for Breezy.

If you leave a comment about it not being a story, I'll lump you in with the other "readers" out there and you will only get thoughts of clouds of rancid butter raining down upon you during sex--even if it's with yourself. But if you get it, like one woman has thus far at 8 AM, please let me know and I shall thank you for having a brain.

Have lovely days.

Thanks for reading!

7 Comments:

Blogger Gay Degani said...

New haircut I see. Hey, how that book coming? I'm off to read Breezy. I hear it's "literary!"

9:03 AM  
Blogger Gay Degani said...

I read it. I like it. Not sure what the story is so I'm going to reread it, but Kevin, it is amazing. AND literary.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thanks, Gay. There's a couple stories in my story, really. It's a woman's memories, or several women's memories. The protag is an android/spaceship floating slowly through space after she was launched as a repository for the accomplishments of humanity while the Earth (or people on it, anyway) are dying. Beyond that, it's a story of a woman finding her voice and realizing that her voice spawns universes so that just singing fills her with love, comfort, and friendship. She needs no one but the stars, because she birthed them.

It's literary. :)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very literary. Has a great voice and flow--and for what it's worth, I liked it.

--dj

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thanks, DJ. I'm glad you liked it. :)

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Wow, Kevin. I'm glad I read this, because the android/spaceship thing is awesome, but that wasn't the story I got out of Breezy when I read it. I was reading it more as a woman and her life, somewhat of a metaphor as to how she approached life and how she moved through stages in her life.

It's it cool how people can get different stories out of the same thing? It's one of my favorite things about the written word. :-)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thanks, Erin. It's what you said, too. That's why I personally like the story, it's about both.

The android has one woman's memories and that woman waits until maybe thousands and thousands of years after her death to truly appreciate her life.

There's lots in the story. I'm glad you found lots in it.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home