Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Distractions



Right now it's mostly that my back itches. Before that I needed a cup of coffee. And then I thought I'd blog about being distracted. Zane is seeking out my backscratcher for me. He's been gone a while. I thought he knew where it was... This is very distracting. Ah, here he comes.

Ha! He came down the hall with it and said, "Your turn."
Oh. Now I have to make the girls talk. I'll be right back.

(time passed)
I started out this post about being distracted from writing a story I'm writing AND how writing the story today is sort of a distraction from the work I should be doing outside.
It's not working out for me today.
And now various distractions have taken this blog post hostage. There have been a series of distractions beginning with making the girls talk. After the original back-itch ordeal.
I took photos.

This is the pile of concrete that needs to be moved so that I can then build a garden in its place.

Here we are making the girls talk. I've got Jasmine. She's talking to Ariel about why Ariel doesn't have clothes.


Suddenly, in mid-conversation, Johnny Test provides an extreme magnetic distraction.

How rude.
Then we had to go downstairs and get a banana.
So back to what I was saying about trying to write that story toda

6 Comments:

Blogger K.C. Ball said...

Good pictures. Cute kid. Funny post. ;)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Zane makes for the cutest distraction ;)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thank you! Zane is a pretty cute distraction, it's true.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish i knew why all your kids have barbie (or other female) dolls

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

You don't have to wish, just ask. But, since I'm feeling like a genie, I'll grant your wish.

It started with Caspian. Terri's friend Erika really wanted to get him a Barbie. At first I was all, "No way, he's a dude." But after my knee-jerk reaction, I thought about it, and was all, "Um, why not let the little dude have a girl doll? Why would it be weirder than playing with a dude doll?" By the time I'd come to that conclusion, he was already in love with Barbie, and was most likely engaged at that point.

Caspian married Barbie, and several other Barbies with several other names. He took two of them with him everywhere, his original Barbie, and Minty, his other fav.

They were his wives. He kissed them and hugged them, and talked to them, and all the things one does with dolls. (Or action figures, if you must be all manly and assure everyone how you're not gay and therefore you're NORMAL.)

Zane was naturally attracted to Caspian's Barbies when he saw them, as all dudes are--bullshit if you tell me you're not.

He's got five now. All named. He's not gotten around to marrying any of them. But he does go off with a few at a time to "snuggle them".

Seriously, I don't care if he snuggles dudes or chicks. I'm not going to say who he can be attracted to. I don't think there's anything wrong with any sexual orientation.

But really, how gay is it to pretend to make out with hot mermaids and blonde chicks in leather jackets?

Bam.

Wish granted.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happened out to be that we have the same name.

By the way, it's a funny story and your children are cute.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home