Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Little Slow on the Uptake

I believe there was a time that I was whip-crack smart. I could snap out comebacks, zingers, stingers, epic moments and fuck-you's with the best of 'em. I could pick out the fly on the wall and coax it into the mosh pit with a spark from my eye. I could count the stars. Now I'm a casualty of attention. I think I payed too much at one time, and now I'm low on fundage. Sometimes it takes a while for me to get it.

It turns out I write what's called Bizarro Fiction. Yup. I had no idea.

I've been doing it for a loong time.

I write this this stuff that my wife won't read. Well, I write a lot of that--science fiction, horror... But she especially doesn't like my bizarro comedy. She's always called it "that stuff". I think bizarro is a much cooler word.

Mostly I'm glad to know that there's a name for the stuff. Mostly I'm glad I finally found out someone named it. And that other people write it. I feel so less dirty.

I found this place yesterday: Bizarro Central It is deliciously insane. I hope to place some writing there. I'll try until I do, I think. In the meantime I'll read the writing there. What I read last night was excellent, and my type of soup.

Speaking of soup:

I'm headed to Vancouver on the 24th of this month for The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008 Anthology Launch Party! Wooo hooooo! I'm totally stoked. Reading and signing--the editors of the mag, the web dude.... I might swoon. I probably will swoon later, because I absolutely plan on inviting everyone to the hotel lounge after the bookstore. Bwah ahahahahaha!!

I'm very happy to be included in the book. I'm very happy to be making my way to the launch party. Here's the details, in case you're planning on going and don't yet know where to go--

Saturday, January 24, 2009
4:00pm - 7:00pm
Location: Spartacus Books
684 East Hastings StreetVancouver, BC

It's good soup--100 flash stories from lots of great writers. I love it. I'm still waiting for my hard cover to arrive.... hm.... But I've got a soft cover rapidly developing dog ears.


(click this to buy it!)

So what have we learned? I went bizarro and just noticed. I'm going to Canada. I hope they let me back in.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger CJP said...

whatssh up schtinkin sschucker? It's great to c all is well with u and yours! I will get your email from wendy or kim dear but was feelin yer vibe while I was workin on homewrk and decided to google you. Yes you r googlable! That is a venture in its self I would say. Im really excited to read those words u organiized so functionally. TOTALLY FLIPPIN AWESOME. I'll be readin your stuff and tellin ya my humble oppinion asap. I wunder if u even read this page? o well I ll try 2 reach u another way next time. LOVe U MAN!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home