Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tagged Again

I am obviously not running around the school yard fast enough.

Gay tagged me again. (; If this were kissing tag, we'd totally be making out by now. ;)

This one looks pretty fun, but it's got some rules. I will try and follow them to the number and letter. I don't follow that many blogs, though. I'll try.

Here's the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Six Random Things:

1. I like bugs. I like to watch ants, spiders, bees, whatever. I don't kill them if they're in the house, except trains of ants, or hives of wasps if they try to sting me or my family.

2. I was nearly killed by fire ants. I almost put this up there along with number one, but then I thought about coming up with five other things, and figured this ought to be a thing on its own. It's a long story about military school and the rainy season of tropical Texas, but I'll cut to the quick and tell you that a floating island of fire ants landed upon my shores. I would have died without an adrenalin shot, and nearly didn't make it as it was. I had no idea I was allergic to their venom. Apparently, most people don't.

3. I get vertigo. Sometimes I'm petrified of heights, sometimes not. Sometimes I get all spinny and freaky and latch onto whatever I can, sometimes I hang over the edge and look down. I want to one day sky dive, but I wonder if I'll freak out when I'm supposed to jump and not do it. That would suck ass, so I haven't put it at the top of any to-do lists.

4. I have an unusually high tolerance for pain and drugs. Which sucks when I'm really hurt and get prescribed pain-killers that don't really work.

5. I'm an environmentalist. Apparently, that's a bad word to certain people (like my parents). I don't quite understand that, and I'm happy that our upcoming generations are more like me than them. I've always loved and respected our Earth. I've always wished that the people who don't would start. I don't tolerate short-term thinking or selfishness. I can't believe people think themselves separate from their environment. That is insane thinking.

6. I value humor over most things. You can be a complete asshole, but if you're funny, I'll probably like you.


Wow. That was easy.

Now let's see if I can tag enough people.

Terri --my sweet and lovely wife should be tagged. She is the most interesting person I know.
Iron Outlaw (B.) (Addy) (That crazy Aussie dude) --my friend from Australia. Watch out for his blogging, not for the faint of heart or those who don't like it straight and sweary.
Erin M. Kinch --a writer and blogger that I'd surely like to know more about.
Claire de' --singer, crazy woman, good person. And she's always got good random facts.
Sarah Hilary --an excellent writer, an interesting person, and shall someday have action figures for characters from her stories.
K.C. Ball --a retired journalist gone fiction writer. She can write, too. I'll bet there's cool things to learn about K.C.

Okay! I think I followed all the rules.

7. I'm really bad about following rules. I usually break them on purpose. Especially if I can't see their purpose. (It's because I'm a bad boy.)

:)

13 Comments:

Blogger Gay Degani said...

Well, fire ants! I've been bit and I had a few minutes of stomping up and down and yelling and shrieking. No allergies though my legs did turn red and itch. Bayou country, south Louisiana. Maybe not as mean as those Texas critters.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

I don't know which are meaner. I guess you're more immune. Lucky.

7:01 PM  
Blogger K.C. Ball said...

Kevin, I posted, except I have to add the list of my six victims ASAP; you used three of the blogs I check regularly. Thanks for asking me to play: it was almost painless. ;)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Great, K.C., I'll read yours as soon as I have some coffee.

I barely eeked out my six peeps, too.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Done and mostly done. Have to go break the news to Heather.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Wooo hooo! Now I have to put your Musings link back up.

9:55 AM  
Blogger K.C. Ball said...

I am so frosted — everyone sent links to all the people I know who blog and so I posted my six facts but have no one to send the meme to. Unless I send it to Roger Ebert, who writes dynamite blogs, but I don’t suppose he would be interested in playing. :(

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bitey bitey

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

M,

I didn't get it at first at all. I thought you were throwin' some freaky London words at me until I started to reply.

THEN I noticed your name.

That is funny. Really funny. Seriously, I laughed out loud. (there should be an easier way to say that...)

12:56 PM  
Blogger alex b. said...

Something that really creeps me out about ants: whenever I poison the hills (I get a lot in my yard for some reason) and go to check on them a day or so later...the bodies are all gone. Where do all the dead ant corpses go? Shouldn't there be like thousands of little curled up exoskeletons littering the ground?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Yeah, there should be. In fact, there's a fly that needs there to be piles of dead ants around ant hills to lay its eggs.

Weird.

Wind?

8:24 AM  
Blogger K.C. Ball said...

What? You never heard of the secret ant graveyard? It's just a mile or so from the secret elephant grave yard.

I could tell you how the corpses get there, but I'd have to spray you with RAID, if I did. :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah Hilary said...

I done it:

http://sarah-crawl-space.blogspot.com/2008/09/random-things-meme.html

Thanks again for the tag, and the kind words.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home