Friday, September 12, 2008

I Have Zombies on My Brain

At least they're not IN my brain! (buh-dump-buh)

I know I said I was only writing a novel, but I got this zombie story thrashing to get borned.

Chantix is great, but it makes me sick, or withdrawls make me sick, or both. I spent a long time researching what others had gone through in their Chantix journey, and I'm now going about it a little differently than I was.

I'm smoking a couple cigarettes a day to stop the withdrawls from killing me. One mid day and one at night, and maybe one in the morning. I know that means I haven't quit. It means I'm quitting. I'll stop doing even that soon enough. I don't like smoking anymore. It's yucky tasting and stinky.

But that's what's up with that. I'm still quitting, but I'm still smoking a little. And even with things the way they are, I say three cigarettes a day is seventeen times better than a pack. I'll get it down to none soon enough. I've got three months of this Chantix to go.

I thought I'd let you know about my fight with smoking vs. puking because Terri told me I should, and since she's got the good advice, I usually listen to her. Plus, she's my wife, ya know.

Now back to the zombies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

^5. Great job, Kevin. I even read this post! Mwah!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Gay Degani said...

Three is definitely better than a pack. We all have to adjust for our own bodies. You're getting the job done; keep your eyes on the big picture and don't be too hard on yourself. Stick to that three and you'll be just fine. Hold the line if you can. You're doing great!!!!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pidgeon

1:41 PM  
Blogger K.C. Ball said...

Rock on, Kevin.

In this case, it's the destination that is important, not how you get there.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thanks, everybody. I'm doin' great this time. I'll actually quit soon.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home