Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Uninvention

It's probably not a word. At least, not in the traditional sense. But in my world any word's possible.

My story, Uninventing the Internet, hit the internet today. Hmmm....

It's one of those fantastical comedies with a drop (maybe a dram) of tweaked history. Maybe. Who's to say, really? It's so easy to make up the truth.

Anyway, it's about a couple of genius pals who change the world. And then change it back.

If you've got a few minutes, please check it out.

This story marks one year of my writing appearing at EDF every month. That is a tremendously big deal for me. Twelve stories in a row. (And be on the lookout for number 13!)

This just in:

I will be attending Every Day Fiction's release party (book signing? what are they calling that?) for their soon to be released anthology, The Best of Every Day Fiction 2008. They're holding it on the 24th of January in Vancouver, BC. If you're up here in the North, it's most likely going to be a tremendously awesome event that you will not want to miss. Hopefully I'll see you there.

At any rate, it'll be great for me to meet Jordan, Camille, and Steven, the peeps behind the scenes of the zine. AND a bunch of writers that I love and admire!

Details to follow.

So please give my story a read, and as always, I'd appreciate knowing what you think of it.

Have rad days and thanks for reading!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gay Degani said...

New pic!! Coolness. and I love your story! Congrats on another good one. You need to start thinking about putting together a flash collection. Chapbook???

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kevin Shamel said...

Thank you, Gay!

I'm not sure how many flashes I'd need for that sort of thing...

AND don't they need to have been out a year?

(apparently I know nothing about this...)

8:20 AM  
Blogger K.C. Ball said...

What do you two think of this idea? What if we round up eight or ten writers (the three of us plus some of our writing buddies), put together a collection of published flash fiction (eight to ten from each of us)and then schlep it around to publishers?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home