Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Yard Moral

So you see, if you move into a house with a ready garden (or a couple of them), you’d better ask the previous owner just how much time they put into maintaining it. After I’ve neglected our yard this much so far, Terri and I realized that every time we came to look at the house when we were buying it, the owner was working in one of the flower beds.
I hope that next year I’ll be able to at least mow the lawn, and keep the flowers wet. But I’m not going to do much pruning, weeding, or cutting back this year. I think I’m going to go with our friend and neighbor Mechele’s Gardening Way. Survival of the fittest. If there’s a plant that takes over the rest of them, so be it. If one needs so much extra attention that I’m out there pruning and cutting it, it should just die and make room for a better plant. She’s got a rad bunch of flowers and such, too. Wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home