Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oh, Madonna

I’ve been thumbing through these old Playboys that arrived with my items that have been in storage for about 15 years. It’s hilarious. They’re from the late 80’s and early 90’s. They have ads for cell phones the size of my car (for your car) that sell for $500. And that’s a deal.

I like reading the interviews from people who were famous, or almost famous who we’ve all watched over the past twenty years. It’s funny, thinking about when Ice-T first hit the scene, and how the lyrics to his songs were so controversial. Not that they aren’t, Mr. Ice-T, just that after you set the precedent, there have been lots more like ‘em.

Fashion (for those men who read Playboy and drive BMW’s or higher) is entertaining, too. Argyle socks. And ties. Leather jackets cut in V’s and looking like thin plastic. Yuppies. It’s funny.

I remember seeing Playboy from the ‘70’s when I was a kid. I didn’t pay any attention to the ads or interviews. I wouldn’t get the same kick out of those now, I’m sure. I like to see the stuff I wished I had when I was 17 or so, the giant cell phones and expensive argyle socks. And Madonna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home